Monday, June 25, 2018

A Little About Me

My name is Helen Schoonmaker and I am currently working on my M.Ed. in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL) at Rhode Island College.  I have just gotten through half of the Master's program and am very excited about everything I have learned so far.  I work in Fall River, Massachusetts at a community school (PreK-8) as the ESL pull-out teacher for grades 4 through 8.  

If you were to ask any of my students how they would describe me, they would immediately tell you I am the "Crazy Duck Lady" and start telling you all about the duck paraphernalia in my classroom: the inflatable duck, the duck cutouts I use to track their progress, random pictures of ducks, a duck candy jar and the seasonal rubber ducks I put out throughout the year. 

Summer vacation has just started for us and I am planning on going on some mini-road trips with my sister and spending some time with my ducks whose names are Summer, Daffy, Rosemary, Pearl and Squishy, pictured below!  When I am not in class, I am playing piano, reading, or outside in my family's suburban farm. 




No comments:

Post a Comment